Need suggestion in change in career

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

pal_v18

Need suggestion in change in career

Post by pal_v18 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:01 am

Hi,

I am currently in the BPO industry with 2yrs of work experience.
I am planning to move on to the IT industry, my qualification is B.Tech IT 2006 pass out from chennai.

I am planning to do a course in Mainframe Technology.

Can anybody let me know if doing a course in Mainframe System Administrator will help me in my career change?
Suggest if any there are any other course which would be helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Well, this depends on personal choice - "what should I do?" is a confusing question, probably very confusing. But they say, when you are in confusion you are near the vision...:)

Chennai is a place where you can get into IT as a Software Engineer for sure after doing a course in Mainframes but the other question is; are you looking for financial-growth or that's your true-calling - once you got the answer of that, I may try to give you a better answer.

Good Luck...:)
Regards,
Anuj

pal_v18

Post by pal_v18 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks Anuj,

Currently I am concentrating only on the change from BPO to the IT sector and not for the financial-growth.

Regards,
Pallavi

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:14 pm

You're welcome. :)

If switching to IT is what you are looking for - You may start with Mainframe as an option for sure. Other place which you might to look for is "Networking" (Microsoft Technologies). Or Jave courses too.

Suggest you go to some local institute to enquire for the course details and the placements they provide. On the other hand, you can appear in interviews as "Fresher" and you can avoid getting involved in the above said courses. If you get lucky, you may get "on the job training", too (ofcourse, once some company hire you as a programmer).

Good Luck...:)
Regards,
Anuj

basujunera0610

Post by basujunera0610 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 am

IT is a good sector for carrier ....

me also thinking of it .....

i am just starting my carrier & want to grow it in IT ......

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Per me, it was. Well, I again state this that it all depends what-do-you-want-to-do in your life and not what-gives-some-money to pay your bills!
Regards,
Anuj

raar78

Post by raar78 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 am

Well, this depends on personal choice - "what should I do?" is a confusing question, probably very confusing. But they say, when you are in confusion you are near the vision.

David_beckham

Post by David_beckham » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Yes your are idea is good and IT sector provide grate Opportunity to build a great Carer. My wishes with you and i hope you build a great carer in this field.

newwaysys

Sarkari Naukri Exam

Post by newwaysys » Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 pm

The objective Employment News of this week gatherings of the week after week are fundamentally the Civil Services competitors, applicants showing up for aggressive exams and meetings. The command of the week by week is to advise and teach the youngsters with the goal that they can settle on an educated choice about their vocations.

It is correlated to say that other than satisfying its social commitment for which the diary was begun, Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar has been procuring generous benefits consistently. The diary, which has earned the qualification of being one of the most elevated flowed weeklies, is accessible all through the length and breath of the nation on every Saturday.
visit: http://sarkarinaukriexam.org

vikassingh258

Post by vikassingh258 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 pm

You can move BPO to IT but you should have basic knowledge about mainframe programing. Apply here for Mainframe Developer Jobs in Noida.

anitharaj

Post by anitharaj » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:41 pm

IT field is very growing so good especially in mainframe. You can change your career.

kavipriya2691

Post by kavipriya2691 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Jobs in BPO sectors are not permanent so it is better to change your career for a better future.

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others