How about MF career in top companies?

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

chaitu566

How about MF career in top companies?

Post by chaitu566 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi,

I am 1+ exp. in MF and wanted to know, how will the jobs in top companies like Microsoft, Google, SAP at India..?

Thanks in Advance..

Chaitnya CH

NicC

Post by NicC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 am

Why don't you look at their websites and see what vacancies there are - or just phone them?
Regards
Nic

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 am

how will the jobs in top companies like Microsoft, Google, SAP at India..?
In what timeframe? Next month? Next year? 2020?

As Nic suggested, you could easily look and see what they are looking for now. The longer into the future, the less anyone can guarantee.

I'd suggest you plan for the next few years and as you learn more, decide what you want to do for the long-term.
Have a good one

chaitu566

Post by chaitu566 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you Nic and DikDude for response..

FYI. In another couple of months i will be completing 2 yrs here.. I just wanted to know how far i vil go in the market, so that accordingly i can do plan..

And I'm hearing a divide talk some thing like.. Mainframe technology is getting migrate to other technologies.. There wont be any development projects..

Do some one have words one this?

these kind of questions having not only me.. Many in my friends..
True Suggestions are always welcome.

thank you :)

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:13 am

Mainframe technology is getting migrate to other technologies.. There wont be any development projects..
Some mainframe work is being migrated to other technologies. Much is not.

It has been a long time since the major employers of IT people have been more involved in new development than in enhancing existing systems. For more than 35 years, people tell prospective employers they want to work on new development. Most do not get to do this. The employers have a huge inventory of already working systems that need to be supported as these systems are basically running the critical applications for the organization.
Have a good one

chaitu566

Post by chaitu566 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Thank u DikDude again..!

can some one tell the good companies to work w/ mainframes?
I'm looking for a change my current position at job.

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 pm

What do you consider a "good company"?

How far are you willing/able to relocate?

Consider what you are doing now and what you want to move to. It is better to have a goal rather than just look for "something else".
Have a good one

chaitu566

Post by chaitu566 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I will consider as a good company when it has employee friendly nature.

I am ready to relocate in Hyderabad/ Banglore

can you suggest me how to start my job search.?

thanks!

NicC

Post by NicC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Various agents advertise vacancies here and on other forums. They may not have a vacancy just now but why not contact them and discuss with them?
Regards
Nic

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 am

can you suggest me how to start my job search.?
I suggest talking to people you know who are already working where you want to work. Learn if anyone is hiring and what they are looking for in an applicant. Look on the internet for employment opportunities in Hyderabad/ Banglore.
I will consider as a good company when it has employee friendly nature.
Often this is influenced by the employee(s). At many of the places i've supported there are many people who love the place and others who really need to move on.

Keep in mind that it may take some time for an opening that is a good fit for you to be available. If you can find an "ok" fit in the area you want to be located, suggest you take it and see if it might become a good fit. It has been my experience that it is easier to find work when one is already working.

Good Luck :)

d

tjackson

Post by tjackson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 pm

It's not an easy task to get jobs in top companies. You should work hard to get a job in these top-most companies. You can see whole job-related information on their websites.

newwaysys

reply!!

Post by newwaysys » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:07 am

Job News redesigns like Employment News of this week , week or (week after week) month to month Newspaper upgrades : Employment News overhauls In India or Rojgar Samachar News for all States Government Jobs in India state and focal Government occupations subtle elements like every single most recent overhaul deportment insightful data will be declare through Employment news paper and Employment News Today was dispatched to give a compelling stage to report the warning with respect to occupation opening, employment preparing software engineer, and affirmation notices identifying with the occupation courses and distributed the aftereffect of job examinations. In include to the occupation opportunities every division. visit: http://sarkarinaukriexam.org

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others