Contracting Jobs

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

don529

Contracting Jobs

Post by don529 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 am

I am 64 years old. I have 37 years experience in various aspects of IT -- cobol, jck, unix, tso, ispf, sas, job scheduling as well as others. If I refresh my cobol skills, how likely is it that I could land a contractor job. I doubt if I would be hired as an employee anywhere -- contracting is fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NicC

Post by NicC » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Depends where you are. Loads of COBOL jobs in the UK at the moment and I am contracting in Ireland using CLOAS so if you have good CLOAS knowledge (and I have next to none!) then we haqve work for years to come - well, months anyway.
Regards
Nic

newwaysys

Rojgar Samachar - Weekly Employeement Latest News!!

Post by newwaysys » Fri May 29, 2015 3:41 pm

The week after week conveys ad Employment News for employment of Central, State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies, Universities, affirmation sees for expert courses, examination notification and aftereffects of associations like UPSC, SSC and other general enrollment bodies and mid level vocation advancement opportunities. Notwithstanding this, there is likewise an Editorial portion, which conveys articles on vocation opportunities. The article Career Guidance new and forthcoming fields or expert exercises with data on the business prospects in the region, capabilities needed to enter the calling and the organization to benefit training and preparing.
visit: http://sarkarinaukriexam.org

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others