Need help to compare 2 files and write the matched records

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on DFSORT, ICETOOL , SyncSort & JCL Utilities

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, Moderator Group

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm

pgoe9 wrote:By the way, I also tried using PGM=SYNCTOOL but it failed with RC 0020.
I know this forum is mainly for DFSORT but if anyone is having info whether joinkeys utility can work on Syncsort for z/OS 1.0.0.

What I mean is, am I trying to use Joinkeys on the OS not upgraded to use this facility?
If anyone can help me in some direction...
Well, you can't just create your own syntax when you are using a product from some other vendor.

xxxxTOOL and SORT/ICEMAN has got different DDNames to use as interface, e.g. SYNCTOOL needs TOOLMSG as on of the DDNames among others while this is not needed by PGM=SORT. So of course, using PGM=SYNCTOOL in a JOINKEYS Job won't work.
Regards,
Anuj

pgoe9

Post by pgoe9 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Yes Anuj, I did try all the possible combinations of using 1, 2 blank spaces. However what I have understood by now is that the syncsort version release [1998 SYNCSORT INC] that I'm using is pretty old and that the Joinkeys functionality is not available on that old release [z/OS 1.0.0].

What I just wanted to know from the experts here is that are there any other suitable means/utility of achieving the desired output without using JOINKEYS?

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:02 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others