Page 1 of 1
When to go for BIND PLAN and BIND PACKAGE?
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 pm
Can someone guide me on the query on When to go for BIND PLAN and When to go for BIND PACKAGE?
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:38 pm
db2 plan vs package.
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 pm
- Before DB2 V2.3, the DBRMs were bound into PLANs.
- There was no concept of packages.
- Multiple DBRM's can be added to a PLAN
- When there is change in on program, there is need to bind fullplan
including the DBRM's which did not changed.
- DB2 V2.3 introduced package concept
- Instead of binding a DBRM into a PLAN, we can bind it into a package.
- one DBRM bind to one pacakge ( Incase of PLAN.. we can bind many DBRM's)
When you have multiple DBRM's added to a single
plan, when there is a change in one DBRM, we have to rebind all DBRM's to a DB2 PLAN.
In case of Packages, since one DBRM added to one pacakge, binding that
particular DBRM to PACKAGE is enough, we dont required to rebind all DBRM's.
Multiple Packages can be grouped togther with a name... it is called a collection. we can map these collections to a DB2 PLAN.
Using packages, we can maintain different versions of same package.