During Plan to Package conversion process, -805 error

Ask question on - DataBase Concepts, IBM Mainframe DB2, DB2/UDB, DB2 Tools, SQL , DB2 programming with languages like COBOL, PL1.

Moderators: Kalicharan, Moderator Group

Sreekanth

During Plan to Package conversion process, -805 error

Post by Sreekanth » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post in here. I am an amateur with MF.
I need some professional help.

Currently we have the plan to package conversion process going on. And our DBA suggested a collection ID to use in BIND PACKAGE command.
I have converted few Cobol DB2 programs from plan to package. I generated the Bind cards and the programs in lower region and it was success. But when I execute a local job, pointing to these programs, I am getting -805 error in the sysout of the steps whereever these programs are used. I checked whether entries are created in sysibm.syspackage, I can see the entry. Yet I am facing the -805 error.

Could you please help me out. I am not able to come to a conclusion on this. :roll:

NicC

Post by NicC » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Your DBA, or co-workers/team mates, should be able to"come to a conclusion on this". Are you executing the correct versions of the programs i.e. you have a JOBLIB and/or STEPLIB pointing to the correct load libraries?
Regards
Nic

Sreekanth

Post by Sreekanth » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Nic,
Yes In my JOBLIB I have mentioned the correct load library.
Do you think if my ID has any access issues for the collection ID I used in the package? Or Is there any process called "generating collection ID"?

My DBA just replied for my query saying as below.

"The problem is that there are 2 token for this PGM. Some how this PGM was bound to the default collect, when you rebound the PGM it did not removed the entry in the default collection"

When I check SYSIBM.SYSPACKAGE, I see two entries with different collection IDs and different time stamps. You think this is causing the Issue?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Sree

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:14 am

Suggest you work with the dba to ensure this is done correctly. Then record the steps you follow to get the correct link/bind.

Follow these steps for the next n programs that are to be incorporated.

You have read here:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... /2.1.6.398?
right?

You need to keep the manuals readily available for your use. I have copies on a local thumb drive making them always nearby.
Have a good one

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others