interview ques in db2

Ask question on - DataBase Concepts, IBM Mainframe DB2, DB2/UDB, DB2 Tools, SQL , DB2 programming with languages like COBOL, PL1.

Moderators: Kalicharan, Moderator Group

vimalathithanit

interview ques in db2

Post by vimalathithanit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Am having 10000 records in a table... for every 1000 records my update command wil get commited.... in 5010th record i got an issue and because of that rollback occured... now during my next execution it shuld start 4m 5001th record.... how s it possible????? sum 1 post the answer pls...

p.s: guys am a fresher and am a regular visitor of this forum...

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Because your data is rolled back to the data comitted by last logical-unit-of-work. Those 10-records were not yet written to anywhere they were somewhere in memory, in buffer...and that's why you use check-point logic.

By the way, I'm not very sure - what exactly you are asking in your post - are you not sure how check-point logic works, if yes - above para should give an answer? Or you don't know how to implement it?
Regards,
Anuj

vimalathithanit

Post by vimalathithanit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 pm

ya same kinda parameter he said(actually i forgot).... can u give some more details reg this check point logic???? and also help me in implementing check point logic.... thanks 4 ur valuable time 2 post answer 4 my query....

another question:
in symbolic parameters v r using like ...dsn = &a..&b..&c and later v ll pass the value 4 this a,b and c.... wat the ques is y v r giving 2 dots.... i answered 1 for qualifier and another ll act as separtor i said... but he not satisfied with answer....

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

1. You seem to ask "Interview Questions' - who is "he" in your last post, interviewer?

2. You should not use "chat-slangs", you are in a Public-Forum and you're having questions on what gives you your livelihood. Suggest you use a rather professional language around here.

3. For every new question, please start a new thread unless it's in coninuation with your last post. And post the thread in appropriate part of the forum such as above two question must have been posted in Interview Questions part of the Forum, under two different threads!
Regards,
Anuj

Natarajan

db2 commit check point logic

Post by Natarajan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

check point logic...

before every commit... update the key of the table in a file/temporarily table.
if program abends, ( as you specified in the first post ).. and restarted the program again.. it will take the data in that file/table.. . where program abended , ( ie, after which record program abended).. it will continue process from that point.

you need to implement this logic in your program.

Using file is the better option.

Thanks dick for suggesting correction for this post.
Last edited by Natarajan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natarajan
Chennai

vimalathithanit

Post by vimalathithanit » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 am

@ANUJ
here after will participate in the forum in proffesional manner....
@natarajan
thanks

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 am

Good Luck :)
Regards,
Anuj

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others