maxcc=1

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on JCL, OS/390 JCL, MVS JCL, z/OS JCL, JES2 & JES3

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, DikDude, Moderator Group

immanuel

maxcc=1

Post by immanuel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 pm

can any one tel when maxcc=1 occur?

MikeJ024

Post by MikeJ024 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:46 pm

need more information?? are you talking abot a program, a utility, a clist, an edit macro (if so this is an ok rc), a rexx exec or an IDCAMS run. Please provide more information & a screen if possible where you get this

deepu

Post by deepu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi,

In my case i got maxcc = 1, it's moved in the program to RC when the bypass record count is 0....so it's a RC that was set explicitly in the program.....which is a valid one.....

sasanka

Post by sasanka » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 pm

deepu wrote:Hi,

In my case i got maxcc = 1, it's moved in the program to RC when the bypass record count is 0....so it's a RC that was set explicitly in the program.....which is a valid one.....

maxcc=1 occurs when u run a empty dataset

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:27 pm

sasanka wrote:
deepu wrote:In my case i got maxcc = 1, it's moved in the program to RC when the bypass record count is 0....so it's a RC that was set explicitly in the program.....which is a valid one.....

maxcc=1 occurs when u run a empty dataset
This is just plain wrong in the context of this question. However, the way original question has been posted, that invites a lot of such answers.
Regards,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan

Re: maxcc=1

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

immanuel wrote:can any one tel when maxcc=1 occur?
You need to do a better job in explaining your question. Every Job will have some MAXCC for it after execution - but why that MAXCC has come, depends on what was executing/executed in the Job. For instance, if you execute SuperC compare in batch and there is some mis-match between the two files you compared - you get a MAXCC=1 but then if your job executes some other program, MAXCC=1 would mean something else... as deepu has said - it might be because a COBOL program excuted and in the program "1" was explicitly moved to the special register RETURN-CODE.

So, in a nut-shell - explain your problem again and answer the questions Mike has asked for.
Regards,
Anuj

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others