writing data into a file positional wise

Ask/Clarify the questions on TSO, CLIST & REXX

Moderators: Veera, Moderator Group

rallabhandikarthik

writing data into a file positional wise

Post by rallabhandikarthik » Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 am

Hi,

Is there any function which we can use to write data into file positional wise. apart from Overlay().

Could you please share the code with me.
Cheers,
Karthik

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu May 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Not that I know of. You'll just have to set the length of each field (LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER) and concatenate them together.

newshow

Grey’s Anatomy Seasons 1-7: Brilliant Drama

Post by newshow » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:17 pm

I must say that this Grey's Anatomy DVD episode was for her. I loved all the patients in this episode and I liked how a patient who requires all doctors. I also liked the second one with a couple who had brain problems. Desperate Housewives DVD And I really wanted to pimp the thing between doctors and the DER Wed. and the best part was the end because I think you saw all the couples. Merideth I think, before I only hated, but when I saw the size of the house lay out of candles, Cold Case DVD and how it was all pissed off that it was the perfect way to finish, but I do not think their home free, I think Rose is now making something to mess with them. Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD Anyway it does not really leave any suspense for what to expect for next season, but I really think that this episode was perfect. I really like this show at first it was just in the afternoon and I could not get in, but now I love it. I’ll get to this point I should make this show is full of intensity and drama, The L Word DVD it’s good to see the drama, both in its competitive and that is in the hospital and in their personal lives to see the relationships built and destroyed.

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others