How to determine your DFSORT function level

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on DFSORT, ICETOOL , SyncSort & JCL Utilities

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, Moderator Group

Frank Yaeger

How to determine your DFSORT function level

Post by Frank Yaeger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Many z/OS DFSORT functions were delivered as PTFs at various times, so in order to use them your System Programmer needs to have installed a specific DFSORT PTF. To read all about the DFSORT functions delivered in October, 2010, November, 2009, July, 2008, April, 2006 and Dec, 2004, see:

http://www.mainframegurukul.com/Mainfra ... php?t=3715

Note: z/OS DFSORT V1R10 is used for z/OS 1.10-1.11. z/OS DFSORT V1R12 is used for z/OS 1.12-1.13. These are the only currently supported releases of DFSORT.

To determine which level of DFSORT functions you have available, look at message ICE201I in the //SYSOUT messages you receive from the DFSORT job shown below, or from any successful DFSORT job.

If you see:

ICE201I H RECORD TYPE ...

the H indicates you have the October, 2010 DFSORT functions (RESIZE, IFTRAIL, ACCEPT, ADDDAYS, DATEDIFF, TRAN=ATOE, KEYBEGIN, etc) and all of the earlier functions. This function level corresponds to z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90025 and z/OS DFSORT V1R12 PTF UK90026. You are completely up to date on DFSORT functional PTFs.

Note: If you see WERxxxs messages, you have Syncsort, not DFSORT.

If you see:

ICE201I G RECORD TYPE ...

the G indicates you have the November, 2009 DFSORT functions (JOINKEYS, TOJUL, TOGREG, WEEKDAY, etc) and all of the earlier functions. This function level corresponds to z/OS DFSORT V1R5 PTF UK51706 and z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK51707. You are behind on DFSORT functional PTFs. Ask your System Programmer to install z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90025 or z/OS DFSORT V1R12 PTF UK90026.

If you see:

ICE201I F RECORD TYPE ...

the F indicates you have the July, 2008 DFSORT functions (FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, DATASORT, SUBSET, etc) and all of the earlier functions.
This function level corresponds to z/OS DFSORT V1R5 PTF UK90013 and z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90014. You are behind on DFSORT functional PTFs. Ask your System Programmer to install z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90025 or z/OS DFSORT V1R12 PTF UK90026.

If you see:

ICE201I E RECORD TYPE ...

the E indicates you have the April, 2006 DFSORT functions (PARSE, JFY, SQZ, SPLIT1R, etc) and all of the earlier functions. This function level corresponds to z/OS DFSORT V1R5 PTF UK90007. You are behind on DFSORT functional PTFs. Ask your System Programmer to install z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90025 or z/OS DFSORT V1R12 PTF UK90026.

If you see:

ICE201I 0 RECORD TYPE ...

the 0 indicates you do not have the July, 2008 or April, 2006 DFSORT functions. You are way behind on DFSORT functional PTFs. Ask your System Programmer to install z/OS DFSORT V1R10 PTF UK90025 or z/OS DFSORT V1R12 PTF UK90026.

You may or may not have the Dec, 2004 DFSORT functions (IFTHEN, OVERLAY, SFF, UFF, etc), which corresponds to z/OS DFSORT V1R5 PTF UQ95214. try using one of these functions - if you get errors trying to use it, then you don't even have the Dec, 2004 PTF installed.

You can run this job to see the ICE201I message:

Code: Select all

//S1 EXEC PGM=ICEMAN
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN DD *
RECORD
/*
//SORTOUT DD DUMMY
//SYSIN   DD   *
  OPTION COPY
/*
Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yaeger@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration
=> DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 am

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others