S0C7 error

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on JCL, OS/390 JCL, MVS JCL, z/OS JCL, JES2 & JES3

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, DikDude, Moderator Group

leo

S0C7 error

Post by leo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:50 pm

Hi,
Can some one suggest me how to solve the S0C7 error and how to find which instruction or data is giving that error?

I am able to see SYSUDUMP.

arrbee

Post by arrbee » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:55 am

Basically, you need to look for the offset at the sysout. Taking that offset, you will have to search the compile listing for the instruction that would've caused this abend.

HTH.
Arr Bee
-------------
?My joy in learning is partly that it enables me to teach? - Seneca(Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

sihanature

Re:SOC 7 Issue

Post by sihanature » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi

The SOC 7 abends because of improper movement of data values in the defined files.
It will abend when you try move charecter to numeric fields or else you didn't define the fields properly for the binary,zonal decimal and packed decimal etc.

So you try to analyze where it get's abends and check for the fields where it get abends, then you will come to know the idea above said.

Regards,

Juan

Post by Juan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:45 pm

At time of Abend PSW points to the Next Sequential Instruction i.e. the one after the one that caused the S0C7.
Map its location back to the source and examine the fields being operated on by looking in the dump.
be aware that the contents of the fields will those after the S0C7 op completed not as they were before. This means you have to either work backwards from the field contents (not hard as PD format is well unknown) or look at fields in a different location - you may or may not be able to do that depending on the code used (intermediate fields etc, or if its a field in a record a look at the copy in the buffer).
It may be 'bad data' in a file rather than your code. other people's code that does not validate/work properly can catch you out. If so some quiet words with them may help....
So the bug may be in your program - or someone else's.

<< LINE DELETED >>

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:05 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others