analaysis tool

Post your questions on ENDEVOR, COOLGEN, PANVALET and CA-7 tools

Moderator: Moderator Group

padmapriya7

analaysis tool

Post by padmapriya7 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:07 pm

what are the project analysis tool in mainframe. pls. give details about that. We are not using any tools for analaysis.

arrbee

Post by arrbee » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:42 am

I think, there use to be a tool called MF-Revolve. I am not sure.
Arr Bee
-------------
?My joy in learning is partly that it enables me to teach? - Seneca(Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

Dave E

Post by Dave E » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:30 pm

I use Xpediter/DevEnterprise from Compuware. It uses you source code as input (COBOL, PL/1, JCL, DB2, CICS, IMS) and generates some neat analysis. For example, structure charts, control flows, syntax analysis (like compile but much much faster). It can also detect loops, dead code, runaway logic, etc. The biggest area for me is that it can give me impact analysis information across my system. For example, we had a project to increase the size of our BRANCH-NUMBER field from 3 characters to 5 characters. Xpediter/DevEnterprise helped us identify the impact with half an hour. We had estimated 6 weeks!

On top of that, it is east to use - we have over 200 developers using it on a regular basis.

You must look into this tool.

I used to use MFE at my previous site but that was too cumbersone and complicated to use that we ended up not using it at all.

Cheers.
Dave E
Software Engineer

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others