Reg my Job search

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

ursvmg

Reg my Job search

Post by ursvmg » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 am

Hi All,

Currently I'm working in a production support project for a banking client(credit cards). My work here is to monitor the batch, to rectify the job fails and solving customer cases.

I have a bit of exposure in JCL, COBOL, FA, VSAM, Easytrieve & CICS. But not so proficient.

Now I'm searching for a job @ Chennai. I have only 8-9 months of experience.

I'm looking for a similar kind of job. What kind of questions can i expect in my interviews. How my preparation should be?

Also please let me know any job openings at Chennai immediately.

Thanks in advance.

Gopal.

Veera

Post by Veera » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:35 am

Gopal,

What i wud suggest is 8/9 months is very less to be considered as experience , but then if you definitely wanted to change you can go ahead or else you can wait for couple of more months and then you can look for the opportunities.

once u have 1 + exp u have good possibility of jobs and proportionate responsibilities.

But you can start attending interviews to just get the feel of what is the Industry expectation. But again for any ads..the min wud be 2 + ..so just give a thought to it.

Its entirely your decision, we just saying what we think but do what is Best interest for you.

You have mentioned that your are not proficient in ur skills , what i would suggest is you have to be good at min of 2 skills , so mean while build your skills on at least 2/3.
Be part of Technical site and then go thru manuals and enhance ur Knowledge base.

Preparation :

You can go thru the Interview Question on each skill listed on this site in main page. And you can find lots of FAQS on each technology these days, those FAQS are really documented well. So those would help.

I would just give you how one can build on skills say for Example take JCL

1---> Do some exercises on the basic proc/job..setup with in stream ....proc...and its variants.

2----> Some on overrides and JCL parameters like COND ..and so on..

3----> IBM utilities ....code one job on each utility ..

like this go ahead on each skill by 6 months you will be comfortable.

Job Openings check the JOB opportunities forum in this site , I am not much into it.

Good Luck.

Thanks,
Veera.

Shail12

Post by Shail12 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 pm

You get the more job opportunity info here:
<url>http://getsarkarinaukri.co.in</url>

newwaysys

Anna University Results 2015

Post by newwaysys » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

upcoming exam list aspirants, you can take information which are given in official advertisement for any Government jobs Anna University Results 2015 the exact link you will get on this web portal regularly.
Anna University Chennai Students who can see their outcomes We give points of interest, for example, Paper Correction, effortlessness mark, and so forth. So this is the reason understudies will see their outcomes from google look. We feel pride for helping Students to get their under graduate, post graduate, designing degrees with great rates by Providing amazingly helpful Materials
Indian Govt. Publish the job notification for our different-different organization like PSU’s Defence, Govt. Institution, Banks, Railways, and many more such organization comes in the Government Sector.
http://sarkarinaukriexam.org

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others