MAINFRAME - TIP OF THE DAY :
Q. If there is a situation, where we need to code more than 255 steps in a JOB?
A. We need to split jcl into two jcls , at the end of the first jcl check the condition code and initiate the second jcl.
Programmers Voted for below topics. Please Vote for good Posts.
Thank You! for your feedback. Connecting to the server. Please Wait...
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am Post subject: Assignment of Problem Tickets for Job/STC Failures
I'm looking for some ideas for industry-best practices with regards to generating and assigning problem tickets in a Problem Management System for batch job abends/failures, and for started task abends.
Some things I'm looking for:
- What facility creates and assigns problem tickets?
- What criteria are used to determine IF a ticket is generated and to whom it is assigned?
- Are problem tickets assigned different levels of severity depending on the criticality of the batch application that has failed?
- Do you create multiple tickets for multiple failures for the same job/task?
- How is the assignment process managed? How is it audited?
- Does the creation of a problem ticket drive an automated contact call-out to the support team?
- Is the process consistent across mainframe/non-mainframe platforms?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum