upload download uiotilty question

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on DFSORT, ICETOOL , SyncSort & JCL Utilities

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, Moderator Group

MikeJ024

upload download uiotilty question

Post by MikeJ024 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi,
I no longer have access to anykind of tape drives any more at work & I want to backup from TSO my PDS's & flat files. Some are loadlibs & some are jcl\utilities libs & some flat files. What utility can I use to back them up & then download to my PC & then copy to a jump drive. So I can take them to another site & for backup. I have tried IEBCOPY but the files were nolonger usable when I retransfered them back from my PC to TSO (with a rename) & then tried to reload them. The flat files I can transfer & reload with no problem but the PDS's are my main problem. Please give me any help with any other utilities that I can use. I am a Mainframe Tech support prog. with over 30 years experience. I have also tried IEHMOVE with some success with the jcl\util libs but was not successful with my loadlib. The backup & restore tests I did before doing the file transfers were fine, my problem is in how to do the transfer to & from the PC to the mainframe without the data being corrupted. I am using ATTACHMATE EXTRA v6.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx,
MikeJ024

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:25 am

Hi,

If you do an FTP from the PC to the mainframe, do a CD to the PDS file name, then do MGET * you can retrieve all members of a PDS in one FTP command. You may need to turn PROMPT off first to prevent being asked whether or not to download each member.
Regards,
Anuj

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others