Joined: 14 Dec 2007
| 0 votes |
| 0 salutes ||
|Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 pm Post subject: Senior Storage Admin - DFSMS, z/OS, UNIX, ISV Software
|Our client, a large health insurance organization, is seeking a seasoned Sr level Storage Admin for their downtown NY office location. They offer excellent benefits and very competitive salaries.
Summary of Position
Implement and maintain the IT disk and tape storage infrastructure, OEM product installation, administration and application to effect a storage environment capable of supporting the IT requirements of our business partners and Applications Development /Support teams. Recommends and implements changes required to ensure optimal operation of these products. The responsibilities also include data protection/restoration, and disaster recovery.
Major Activities % of Time
* Manages and monitors all storage resources using DFSMS, and other available tools and software to ensure adequate resources are available to support business needs and provide non-disruptive services. 20%
* Implements and monitors all data archival, HSM activities, FDR/DFDSS backup, and cleanup processes; ensures successful operation and effectiveness of associated management policies, by way of *dynamic* discovery. 20%
* Manage and maintain SRDF remote replication for disaster recovery. Address non-scheduled disruptions to data replication. 10%
* Build and administer reporting processes for all storage resources. Use information reported to identify and pro-actively respond to potential resource constrains. 10%
* Administer CA-1 Tape Management system, EMC TimeFinder, and other storage management related functions to ensure smooth operation. 10%
* Installs and customizes OEM storage products for operation in accordance with client-defined IT standards; works with appropriate vendors to resolve any resulting issues related to product deployment 10%
* Uses IBM, EMC and available OEM facilities to identify and address performance bottlenecks within all storage-related infrastructures 10%
* Participates in planning sessions that influence the selection of Storage-related infrastructure and make informed recommendations for strategic application of such facilities 10%
Job Success Criteria
* Attention to detail
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to perform under stress
* Up to date knowledge on storage related technologies.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor*s degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum five to ten years working experience in Storage Administration environment of Mainframe and / or Client Server
* Knowledge of Z/OS, SMS, Windows, and Unix / Linux preferred. Have working knowledge of major ISV backup-software
product such as FDR, DFDSS, CA-1, HSC, Legato, Veritas, etc.
* Knowledge of storage replication and tiered storage management technologies, such as SRDF, HSM, etc.
* Familiarity with various types of hardware equipment, i.e., processors, I/O devices, disk arrays, tape libraries, Mainframes,
Distributed Servers, work stations
Please Submit all resumes to Stephen Hagans at
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter