Help regarding Career in Vision Plus, Mainframe

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

appleeater

Help regarding Career in Vision Plus, Mainframe

Post by appleeater » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi All,
Iam currently working in Capgemini , joined 6 months back. I'm did my grad B.E(Hons.) Mechanical in BITS Pilani and ended in Mainframe, Visionplus due to 2009 placements in our campus. Currently working as a developer for FDI-US. I'm doing good now.

But, I have few concerns with the growth and future in Vision Plus and the companies that hire Visionplus:Mainframe professionals. Please do knowledge sharing of list of big players in mainframe arena which gives the best pay. Mention the growth financially in Mainframe domain.

I don't want to shift to any domain in the mere future .... I want to become the best of Mainframers.

To my exposure in my experience in here, I see HSBC is the biggest Mainframe client for Visionplus. But I'm not aware of abroad opportunities in this domain.

Please explain the scope and future in Visionplus.

I have no idea where I'm leading to and this scenario is the same with all the Non CS engineers who have joined with me. Hence please enlighten us with your exposure and experience in this domain.

Thanks,
appleeater@kArThIk

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

VisionPlus is just other account processing System. Well, have you done some google on the same lines? There is a lot there for your query...
Regards,
Anuj

Ranjini

equire vision plus tutorial/interview question

Post by Ranjini » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Can any one plz send me vision plus tutorial/interview question?I have 2 yrs experience in visionplus.But i am not working for the last 1.5 yrs.Now trying for a job as visionplus developer.

Regards,
Ranjini

Natarajan

Post by Natarajan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm

In my view, you better have a special skill like vision plus. Since you already worked on core mainframe skills. You better work for vision plus for some time.

Because, in addition to HSBC, As per my knowledge city bank also using the product vision plus. It is good product used by major banks for credit card processing. if i am not wrong.

You better continue in that domain and enhance your skills in Cards domain.
Natarajan
Chennai

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others