abend code S000 U4038

This is a Mainframe COBOL forum - you can post your queries on Mainframe COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL/370 , Enterprise COBOL

Moderators: dbzTHEdinosauer, Moderator Group

nithyanandhan

abend code S000 U4038

Post by nithyanandhan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm

i have a query regarding the abend code.?i believe someone there to help me in solving this.my program gets abended with the code S000 U4038.
i tried all the ways that i could to solve this.but went in vain. i will provide some information regardig that which will help u to get where i am going wrong.

the program logic is to access the ksds file which has the subscription details of the customer. i can write the details in the ksds but i cant read it.while reading only i have got the abended. it also says the file status for the ksds while opening is 35. i have given all the file name perfectly still its getting abended :( .
steps i have tried.
i deleted the ksds and created new one tried inserting it.nogo.
i though it could be space requirement and copied all the programs in to different new pds and tried.still same error.
checked with the logic and there is no flaws in it.
i tried to read the ksds by the separate simple read program .its going in loop.still the same error 35.
now i dont have any option to go further.can anyone help to get it resolved?
thanks in advance.

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, is your KSDS VSAM empty? And it looks like, it is.
Last edited by Anuj Dhawan on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Anuj

nithyanandhan

Post by nithyanandhan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 pm

no i have records.i inserted records from a ps to ksds.i am using alternate index key in select statement.but i am using the sequential read oly.l am not specifying the path name. will that affect my output by anyway?

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok, I'm lost - please show the snippet of code which describes enough what you are saying.
Regards,
Anuj

nithyanandhan

i got it rectified

Post by nithyanandhan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:20 pm

i got my problem resolved.
i have used the function integer-of-date which has the parameter from the file data. i also got open error 35 with the abend code.i checked with the select statement and i removed the alternate index key line since i am using only the sequential read of the file. before this i have given both the key lines and given only the cluster name in the runjcl. i believe when we declare the alternate index key in the select statement even if we are not accessing the file using alternate index we have to give the path name in runjcl. since i havent given the path name the file was not open and since the file was not open the argument for the function integer-of-date is taken a junk value and which resulted in the abend s000 u4038. is my assumption right?
thanks for replying me :)

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:21 am

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 am

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others