Errorcode in JCL

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on DFSORT, ICETOOL , SyncSort & JCL Utilities

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, Moderator Group

sivasaras

Errorcode in JCL

Post by sivasaras » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi,

My program has IMS and i am submitting the jcl i got an error

comp cD=SOC1/u0000 cn(internal)

thanks

regards,
Siva

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Okay, so what's the question? You tried to solve it and it did not? If You posted the jes job log of the run, or the sequence of messages then the problem determination would be much easier but you did not - so are you making a statement or asking a question?

I'll try, however, -- S0C1 is an operation execption. It means that the location the PSW is pointing to (where the CPU is about to execute an instruction) doesn't have a valid instruction in it. You've either branched out of your program to a place that doesn't have a valid instruction or you've somehow distroyed some code in your program. It can be caused by several things - one is dropping out the bottom of a program. It used to be caused by trying to read from an unopened file, but the indication of that has now changed. A static call to a program that wasn't link edited with you used to cause it also. If you have a runaway subscript while building a table, you can also overlay parts of your program, but that's usually caught by a compiler option to check for out of bounds subscripts.
Regards,
Anuj

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others