Values of variable ZDLRECFM

Ask/Clarify the questions on TSO, CLIST & REXX

Moderators: Veera, Moderator Group

Martin G.

Values of variable ZDLRECFM

Post by Martin G. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Hello to all,

in a REXX program I am working thrugh a list of files, generated by the ISPF Service LMDLIST. Depending on the value of ZDLRECFM I want to do some calculations and I am wondering about the different values of ZDLRECFM.
Those values are given: 'FB(A)', 'VB(A)', 'U' and '?'. And there are probably more values represented in the spool-list as '.' (dot). But this dot is not a dot (X'4B'), hex displaying shows it to be X'FF'. But I cannot ask for the value of X'FF' in my REXX,
IF LEFT(ZDLRECFM,1) = X'FF' THEN --> is not true.
This happens for example if the file I am investigating is a GDG-BASE-Entry or a VSAM cluster.
Can someone give me the right possible values of variable ZDLRECFM ?

Thanks in advance,
greetings
Martin

dbzTHEdinosauer

Post by dbzTHEdinosauer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:52 pm

well, why don't you go back to the manual where you found LMDLIST
(or did you just copy some code and let it rip)

LM....... commands are library commands - library as in PDS or PDS-E.

suggest you look at the TSO External Function LISTDSI in the REXX Language Reference
Dick Brenholtz
JCL, SQL and code in programs have an irritating habit of doing what you say,
not what you meant.

newshow

Desperate Housewives—Amazing Seasons!

Post by newshow » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

An air of desperation Desperate Housewives DVD in the unlikely story lines that led Desperate Housewives, because it made such a sensation with his first time in 2004, never far from the house privacy and perfectly groomed women of Wisteria Lane disorderly conduct. The Mentalist DVD But as hectic, crazy, or just absurd soap opera antics may seem, if the conduct of outdoor camera or the suburbs of Fairview, USA, creator Marc Cherry continues Desperate Housewives devotees exactly what want in the seventh season. Medium DVD This class clearly greater for me than last season, if I thought that six was great too. In general, the plot holes were minimized, plots remained fairly constant and steady pace, although the latter half of the season seemed to drift in any direction, Family Guy DVD I was glad to see he had an address for the final. Many people complained about another story of revenge, but Paul / Felicia was the revenge of origin / revenge plot against, and I was glad to see that finally the circle, and the story of Andrew / Carlos six seasons (ten years) above. Breaking Bad DVD Each season of ‘Desperate Housewives’ has its own particular theme, the season of the ‘secrets hot’ season of ‘dirty’

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others