Rexx/Clist to auto-build IEFBR14 for JCL

Ask/Clarify the questions on TSO, CLIST & REXX

Moderators: Veera, Moderator Group

20sam13

Rexx/Clist to auto-build IEFBR14 for JCL

Post by 20sam13 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

I am looking for a Clist/Rexx exec that will auto build an IEFBR14 (Step00) at the top of my JCL or Proclib member.

Idea is to scan the member in edit mode, find all of the DSN= dd cards that have a disp that would create a file from the JCL/Proclib and create the various IEFBR14 dd cards to delete these files at the top of the JCL/Proclib.

Would need to work with either "hard coded" file name or "symbolic" file names.

Thanks!
Scott M

c_l_phillips72

Re: Rexx/Clist to auto-build IEFBR14 for JCL

Post by c_l_phillips72 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:47 am

20sam13 wrote:I am looking for a Clist/Rexx exec that will auto build an IEFBR14 (Step00) at the top of my JCL or Proclib member.

Idea is to scan the member in edit mode, find all of the DSN= dd cards that have a disp that would create a file from the JCL/Proclib and create the various IEFBR14 dd cards to delete these files at the top of the JCL/Proclib.

Thanks!
I know this is a VERY old post, but as I've been searching for quite some time for the same thing, I've come across this post many times.

I decided a couple of days ago that I would probably never find pre-written code that would accomplish what I wanted, so I ended up writing it myself.

Fortunately for me (since I have no knowledge of REXX), my current company already had a tool written in REXX that did compares against lines of code and inserted some other lines that are used for debugging. I copied that tool in our TSO CMDS library and started making changes.

After a couple solid days of coding/tweaking, I finally have something that I think is going to work. If you're still looking for something, maybe you could do something similar.

c_l_phillips72

Re: Rexx/Clist to auto-build IEFBR14 for JCL

Post by c_l_phillips72 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:50 am

20sam13 wrote:I am looking for a Clist/Rexx exec that will auto build an IEFBR14 (Step00) at the top of my JCL or Proclib member.

Thanks!
Did you used to work at DST Systems in KC? That's where I worked that had that tool, and I just took it for granted. Now I know how great of a tool that was!

academyindia4

Topic deleted by Admin

Post by academyindia4 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:08 pm

<< Content deleted By Admin >>

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others