JCL Error

In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on JCL, OS/390 JCL, MVS JCL, z/OS JCL, JES2 & JES3

Moderators: Frank Yaeger, DikDude, Moderator Group

MikeL

JCL Error

Post by MikeL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Not sure if this is the right place, but didn't see a Web Services forum.

Up until now our web services have been driven by the web side, with them providing the WSDL that we execute DFHWS2LS to create the cobol copybooks. This time we are driving the web side and need to execute DFHLS2WS to turn the copybook into the WSDL. I followed the Redbook instructions for setting up the JCL, but I am getting a JCL error and can't spot it.

Here is the JCL involved:

Code: Select all

//PROCS JCLLIB ORDER=(CICSTS42.CICS.SDFHINST)   
//*                                             
//  SET QT=''''                                 
//*                                             
//WS2LS   EXEC DFHLS2WS,TMPFILE=&QT.&SYSUID.&QT.
//INPUT.SYSUT1 DD *                             
Here is the error message:

4 IEFC001I PROCEDURE DFHLS2WS WAS EXPANDED USING PRIVATE LIBRARY CICSTS42.CICS.SDFHINST
11 IEF642I EXCESSIVE PARAMETER LENGTH IN THE PARM FIELD                                 
And here is card 11, generated by the DFHLS2WS proc:

11 XXJAVAPRG1 EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,REGION=400M,                                                                    
   XX  PARM='SH &PATHPREF/usr/lpp/cicsts/&USSDIR/lib/wsdl/DFHLS2WS        x                                     
   XX             &JAVADIR &USSDIR &TMPDIR./&TMPFILE. &SERVICE &PATHPREF'                                       
   XX*                                                                                                          
   XX* The STDOUT DSNAME specifies the destination to use for System.out                                        
   XX*                                                                                                          
   IEFC653I SUBSTITUTION JCL - PGM=BPXBATCH,REGION=400M,PARM='SH                                                
   @pathprefix@/usr/lpp/cicsts/@ussdir@/lib/wsdl/DFHLS2WS        @java_dir@ @ussdir@ /tmp/PMLL42 : @pathprefix@'

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I said, this is our first time trying to execute this proc.

MikeL

Post by MikeL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Found the problem, our tech support group didn't set the proc up properly, missed some of the parms.

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others