Is there any chance of getting into mainframe?

job-related talk - career guidance, state of the job market, interview strategies and stories, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Group

suresh_mahenderan

Is there any chance of getting into mainframe?

Post by suresh_mahenderan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Please any one help me..
i am completed mainframe application programming course in NOV 2010. now i am currently working(10months) in VAS using unix shell script & mysql. Becoz of personal problems i am doing this job. For me its able to get into IT(mainframe)???
suresh

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:32 am

Suggest you talk with your seniors or manager and ask if there is the possibility to eventually proceed into mainframe work. Often these things do take some time.
Have a good one

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 pm

First stop viewing a bad picture of yourself! (In case you see that way; unfortunately, your post make me to think that so I said it, if all is well - possibly you can work it out... :))

As dd has suggested, find out if there is work in the Mainframes at your current shop, if yes - consult with your seniors or manager and ask if there is the possibility to proceed into mainframe work.

If you've a team in your company working on Mainframes, try to get friendly with them - understand what they do in a typical office-day. Get along with them, show your commitment and mettle at times in that area and keep on asking politely about any coming opportunity - one day it might just work for you, as Dick, said,” Often these things do take some time".

Good Luck... :)

telemartnetwork

Post by telemartnetwork » Sat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Ask your company if they provide. Consult any good institute which offer such trainings or certification.

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others