Alt file Read issue in CICS

About CICS and BMS - In this Mainframe Forum - You can post your queries on CICS

Moderators: DikDude, Natarajan, Moderator Group

invinsible11

Alt file Read issue in CICS

Post by invinsible11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am facing a weird issue in CICS region. I am reading a VSAM alt index file in the CICS region and though i am doing a READ NEXT on the file, the next record is not being picked up. The same record is being picked up again and again, and the task is being terminated by an RLFC abend as the program is going into loop.

Note: the file being used is a segmented file and only one of the segment is giving this issue. So there is no code bug in the program which is causing this.

Please help me get the resolution.

DikDude

Post by DikDude » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:49 pm

So there is no code bug in the program which is causing this.
Just because some code works most of the time does not mean there is no problem within the code. . .

Has anyone done a verify on the file?

If you define another vsam file and load it with the same content, does the failure still happen?
Have a good one

invinsible11

Post by invinsible11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

DikDude wrote:
So there is no code bug in the program which is causing this.
Just because some code works most of the time does not mean there is no problem within the code. . .

Has anyone done a verify on the file?

If you define another vsam file and load it with the same content, does the failure still happen?
I haven't tried creating another VSAM file and loading the same content into it. But i have gone through debug and had a look at the READ NEXT being done on the file. Even after the READ NEXT, the next record doesn't get picked. I have tried deleting the alternate file and building it. Verified the CEDA entry of the file as well.

Din't find any prob with the entries though.

Thanks.

FREE TUTORIALS

Tutorials
Free tutorials from mainframegurukul
  • JCL Tutorial
    Covers all important JCL concepts.
  • Cobol Tutorial
    This tutorials covers all Cobol Topics from STRING to COMP-3.
  • DB2 Tutorial
    DB2 Tutorial focuses on DB2 COBOL Programming.
  • SORT Tutorial
    This Tutorial covers all important aspects of DFSORT with examples
  • CICS Tutorial
    This CICS tutorial covers CICS concepts and CICS Basics, CICS COBOL Programming.
Interview
Mainframe Interview questions

Other References
Mainframe Tools and others